1. What is QNBFS (QNB Financial Services) and what are its offerings?
QNBFS is a wholly-owned subsidiary of QNB that is committed to providing a best-in-class brokerage service in terms of trading and research.
2. What markets can I trade at QNBFS?
You can trade at Qatar Exchange (QE),GCC, US and European markets.
3. What channels are available for trading?
Trades can be placed:
- online at www.qnbfs.com
- by contacting our trading desk at (+974) 4476 6666
- by visiting QNBFS office located at Al Sadd Sports Club, Fareej Al Sudan.
4. Who can apply for a QNBFS account?
All Qatari citizens, permanent residents of Qatar, non-resident individuals, Qatari institutions, foreign institutions in Qatar, and foreign institutions overseas.
5. How Can I open a QNBFS account?
To open a QNBFS Brokerage account visit us at QNBFS office located at Al Sadd Sports Club, Fareej Al Sudan.
6. Can I apply for a QNBFS account if I have a trading account with another brokerage firm?
Yes. You can open a trading account with QNBFS even if you have trading accounts with other brokerage firms.
7. How will I know if my application has been successful and an account has been opened?
An SMS and email will be sent to you once your brokerage account is activated.
8. If I decide to close my account without having made any transactions, will I get all my money back?
Yes. You will receive your remaining cash balance.
9. How can I fund my investment account?
You can use the QNB online banking service to transfer from your core banking account to your investment account. Funds will be available for any purchase transaction immediately upon transfer or through any of QNB branches in Qatar.
10. Where do I check the funds available for trading?
To check available funds for trading, simply login to www.qnbfs.com or call our customer service team on (+974) 44766666.
11. What happens if I have insufficient funds to pay for shares purchased?
Please note that your trades are fully funded. The total value of your buy order, including charges, should be available in your investment account at the point of order entry. You will not be able to trade if there are insufficient funds in your investment account.
12. Can I place my orders with QNBFS anytime during the day?
You can place your orders within the official trading hours of each respective market. Orders can be placed either online or by calling (+974) 4476 6666 between 9:00 a.m. and 1:15 p.m. (Qatar time) during our working days (Sunday to Thursday). Orders that are placed after the closing of a market will be placed in a queue for the next trading day.
13. Can I trade shares that I purchased through other brokerage firms?
No. You are required to transfer your share holdings to QNBFS before you can start trading.
14. If I decide to close my QNBFS account, how can I transfer my portfolio holdings out?
By calling our customer service team on (+974) 4476 6666 and your holdings will be transferred to the Central Depository or you can visit QNBFS Office.
15. When is the settlement due date for Trades?
For Buy orders, amounts earmarked on Trade date will be debited from the investment account on T+0.
For Sell Orders, the proceeds will be credited to your investment account on the settlement date of the respective market.
16. How will I be informed about any corporate action such as dividends, bonus shares, and share splits?
For the US and International Markets, dividends and bonus shares will be shown on your daily activity and your online brokerage statement. These transactions are automatically updated after adjustments are made. Updates will be reflected in your securities account when you login. Your monthly statement will also indicate the payout. For QE you will receive all corporate action notifications directly from the Central Depository (CDP) or your custodian if you have a custody service agreement with QNB or any other custodian
Was this information helpful?