How to keep your Credit Card and Debit Card Safe?
We strongly recommend that you pay attention to the points stated below for your security while using your debit or credit card.
Upon receiving your credit card or debit card
- Sign the back of your new card as soon as you receive it
- Never disclose your Personal Identification Number (PIN) to anyone
- Never leave your credit or debit card unattended when using it at a Point-of-Sale
- Never let your credit or debit card out of your sight
- Monitor the transaction process carefully
- Verify the transaction amount before signing the receipt
- Never sign a blank transaction receipt
- Ensure that you received a copy of the receipt and keep it safe
- Ensure that your own card is returned after each transaction at ATMs
- Shield your PIN from unauthorized copying
- Never allow someone to stand too close behind you at ATMs whilst entering your PIN
- Ensure that you collect your card before leaving either ATMs or Points-of-Sale
- Remember to collect the ATM receipt and keep it safe
- Report any card retained by the ATM immediately to QNB France by calling the Customer Care Centre on our toll-free number 0800945944 (inside France) or on (+33) 1 8564 6800 (outside France)·
- Report any suspicious movement, person or devices near the ATM
- Use your credit card only at established and reputed websites
- Look out for the security policy of the web merchant
- Use the 3-digit CVV code printed on the card signature panel if required through the telephone
- Use your credit card only at reputed mail order/telephone order merchants
- Avoid authorizing recurring subscriptions for more than 6 months
Tracking and Verification
- Never throw away your transaction receipts
- Retain your monthly credit and debit card account statements
- Verify all entries on the statement with your receipts
- Activate the QNB SMS service and receive instant text messages every time your card is used
- Report any transaction dispute or suspicious credit or debit card usage promptly
- Report any unauthorized transactions immediately to the QNB France Customer Care Centre by contacting us on our toll-free number 0800945944 (inside France) or on (+33) 1 8564 6800 (outside France).
- Inform QNB in writing of changes to your mailing address and contact number
- Change your PIN from time to time
- Never keep your card & PIN together.
- Change your PIN from time to time .
- Report any suspicious movement, persons or devices near the ATM .
- Reconcile your account statement frequently .
- Never keep your card & PIN together
For questions or any other inquiry, please call our 24/7 QNB France Customer Care Centre at our toll-free number 0800945944 (inside France) or on (+33) 1 8564 6800 (outside France)
Protect yourself from email and telephone scams and phishing fraud
Email Scams and Phishing
- If you receive an email that appears to come from QNB advising you to click on a link to visit our website and asking to verify your personal details, simply ignore the email and immediately call our Call Center on our toll-free number 0800945944 (inside France) or on (+33) 1 8564 6800 (outside France). This email is sent from criminals looking to steal your money
- The email will direct you to a site that will ask you to verify your details. You should never give these details away, and, even if the site looks genuine, remember that QNB will never update or verify personal details by email
- If you receive a scam email, please forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Protect yourself by identifying scam emails :
Never access the QNB Internet Banking site from a link in an e-mail.
Scam emails often state in the subject line and in the email that you need to update or confirm your personal details.
We NEVER ask you for personal details by email.
Scam emails will often ask for your account number, username, password and sometimes card details.
Scam emails aren't normally addressed to you by name, as they don't generally know any of your details other than your email address.
Scam emails can sometimes be signed by the Security Department or the Trust Department. These departments never send direct email to our customers.
Scam emails pretend that the link to the page they send you to is secure or is the Internet Banking page.
Protect yourself from fake websites
When you want to access our website, enter the address of QNB Internet Banking (https://ib.qnb.com). Never access it from untrusted links.
To make sure you're on a secure web server, check the beginning of the web address in your browsers address bar - it should be "https://" rather than just "http://"
Always look for the padlock icon at the bottom of the browser window for secure online transactions/banking.
Subscribe to our SMS alerts service to be notified by SMS whenever a transaction happens on your account
It is recommended that you change your Internet Banking password every 1-3 months at least.
Regularly log into your online accounts.
Consider installing a web browser tool bar to help protect you from known fraud websites. You can download an excellent tool from here: http://www.earthlink.net/earthlinktoolbar
Telephone Call Scams and Phishing
Do not accept to share your bank information with any caller
Avoid sharing your banking information with any call claiming you have won a cash prize through QNB or any other type of prizes
The caller usually asks the customer to provide either their bank information directly or some specific information related to their mobile phone SIM card.
That information can be used by the caller/fraudster to hack the customer’s mobile phone, which, in turn, could then allow that person to set-up an Internet Banking user id (if the customer isn’t already registered) and somehow receive the SMS confirmations to a separate phone.
Customers should be suspicious of anyone asking for their mobile phone or banking details
Please be advised that QNB will never actively contact you to request your full bank information.
QNB takes the privacy of customer information very seriously, and will take necessary action to protect customer data.
Was this information helpful?