QNB Pay is a new feature of QNB Mobile Banking which allows you to digitize one of your credit or prepaid cards in order to make contactless payments through POS terminals simply by tapping your smartphone. QNB Pay is a convenient alternative to cash and physical card payments. You can digitize your card under Cards/QNB Pay menu. The service is initially available on Android smartphones.
Pre-requisites to use the service
- NFC chip is required to enable contactless payments on your Android smartphone
- Device Registration and Biometric Authentication need to be activated through QNB Mobile Banking for your user
- As you pay at a POS terminal, the QNB Mobile Banking App needs to be running in the background on your device
- Log in to QNB Mobile Banking App on your Android smartphone.
- Select Cards/QNB Pay menu and select your credit or prepaid card to digitize with QNB Mobile Banking App.
- Enter the card’s CVV number then click on the Register button, which will generate an SMS PIN.
- Upon the successful SMS PIN entry, you will need to read and accept the Terms & Conditions before completing the digitization.
- Once the digitization is completed, a confirmation message will be displayed and an SMS will be sent to you.
QNB Pay payments with QNB Mobile Banking
- The merchant enters the amount on the POS terminal.
- You will need to check the amount, tap your smartphone on the POS terminal, and then QNB Mobile Banking will require Biometric Authentication.
- After the Biometric Authentication is completed, a timer will start and you will be required to tap on the terminal before the timer runs out.
- Once you re-tap on the POS terminal, a confirmation message will be displayed and you will receive an SMS confirming the transaction.
- You can check the transaction details in the Card Summary (similarly to any card payment).
- Login to QNB Mobile Banking on your Android smartphone and select Cards/QNB Pay menu.
- The Overview screen will be displayed with the registered card details, click on Unregister.
- A confirmation message will be displayed and you will receive an SMS notification.
- Alternatively, you can also contact our Customer Call Center on 44407777 to un-register your card or device.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I track my payments through QNB Pay?
Upon successful payment, you will receive an SMS notification. Similar to any card payment, the transaction will appear in the Card Summary and Card Statement.
Can I cancel the registration for QNB Pay or change my digitized card?
You can un-register and digitize another card for the service anytime (eg.: when it is lost or replaced) by clicking Un-register, or by calling Customer Care on 44407777.
Which QNB cards work with QNB Pay service?
All Retail credit and prepaid cards issued by QNB are eligible to work with QNB Pay.
Where can I use the QNB Pay service?
You can use QNB Pay at any POS terminal where contactless payments are allowed.
How many cards can I register for QNB Pay?
Only one card per device.
How does QNB Pay service work?
QNB Pay service uses “Near Field Communication - NFC” technology to conduct contactless payments with your smartphone at POS terminals.The technology enables devices in close proximity to communicate without any direct physical contact.
Do I have to be logged into QNB Mobile Banking to use QNB Pay?
No, as long as you have the QNB Mobile Banking App running in the system background after digitization. You will only need to authenticate the transactions using your biometric data.
Can I use multiple smartphones with QNB Pay?
Yes. However, each smartphone needs to be digitized using a separate card. That can be done through QNB Pay with QNB Mobile Banking.
Is there a transaction limit for QNB Pay?
Yes, the same card limit on physical cards apply to the QNB pay service.
Are there any charges for QNB Pay?
Yes, the same charges apply when you use your physical cards.
Was this information helpful?