QR Pay contactless payments is a feature provided by QNB Mobile Banking allowing you to pay at QNB POS terminals without the need of a card or cash, or NFC. The new innovative QR Pay allows you to make payments at the merchant outlets by scanning the QR code from the POS screen. Login to QNB Mobile Banking app, select “Scan QR/QR Pay” menu, select a card to pay from, and then scan the QR code displayed on the merchant POS terminal screen.
Pre-requisites to use the service
- You need to have a smartphone (iOS or Android)
- You need to be registered at QNB Mobile Banking app
- Merchants need to have a QNB POS terminal enabled for the service
How to use
- You only need to login to QNB Mobile Banking , select “Scan QR” menu from the footer menu, then select “QR Pay” option
- Choose your debit, credit or prepaid card to pay with then click on “Scan QR code to pay” button to capture the QR code displayed on the POS terminal screen through your device’s camera
- Once the “Scan QR code to pay” button selected, the camera will open to scan the QR displayed on the POS
- Once the authentication is successful, a pre confirmation screen will be displayed with the transaction details and you need to confirm the payment by clicking the “Pay” button to complete the transaction
Frequently asked questions
Is there a limit for QR Pay payments?
Is there a charge for QR Pay payments?
The service is free of charge for QNB customers.
Can I use tablets for the QR Pay service?
The service is only available on iPhone-s and Android smartphones.
Can I use multiple devices for the QR Pay service?
Yes, you can. You only need to install QNB Mobile Banking, login, and use the service.
Was this information helpful?