Tap & Pay is your ideal means of payment in traditional cash-only environments where speed is essential. Pay with great ease at fast-food restaurants, convenience stores, cinemas, pharmacies, gas stations, mass transit, parking lots and toll roads.
Your contactless QNB card allows you to pay at any store that displays the contactless symbol by simply tapping your card and benefiting from the same high security standards as chip and PIN purchases.
It only takes a second or two to pay. No need to worry about cash money, no more inserting the card and, for low-value-purchases, no PIN entry is necessary.
For contactless purchases up to QAR 300 at selected POS terminals in Qatar and up to QAR 1,500 cumulative at any merchant globally, no PIN entry is required. Above this amount, you will have to enter your PIN. The required amount for PIN entry will vary from country to country.
The QNB NFC Wearables
The QNB contactless payment capability is even more effective with the latest wearables add on. You can now choose to pay with a watch accessory or a wristband without the hassle of using your card for any transaction on a contactless enabled payment device.
Complement your lifestyle with the latest technology. Tap and Pay for a safe, hassle free and stylish transaction.
- QNB NFC Wearable will be issued as supplementary for QNB credit card.
- QNB Tap & Pay is available for all QNB customers that hold a contactless credit, debit or prepaid card.
Benefits & Features
- Easy and Convenient: Quick and easy payment for a great shopping experience.
- Safe and Secure: The card does not have to leave your hands during transactions; each transaction uses state-of-the-art security to generate a random verification code that cannot be counterfeited.
- Rewarding: Get the most of Life Rewards program and earn 1 Life Reward for every QR 5 spent with QNB NFC Wearable.
- Cash Alternative: Make purchases without being limited to having cash on hand.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Hold the card to the reader
- Tap on the contact symbol
- Transaction is done when you see the lights flash or hear a beep
(No PIN required for purchases below QR 300)
How safe is it to use contactless payment?
Contactless transactions are as safe as traditional card payment transactions. Each transaction uses state-of-the-art security to generate a random verification code that cannot be counterfeited. It also provides more control, since the card does not leave your hand to be swiped by the merchant.
Where can I use my QNB card for contactless payments?
You benefit from worldwide acceptance at millions of merchants displaying the logo. This includes points of sale such as fast-food restaurants, convenience stores, gas stations, pharmacies, mass transit and toll roads.
Contactless pick-pocketing – can contactless transactions be performed without the cardholder noticing?
Some people worry that their contactless card could be activated by simply passing close to a contactless terminal. This is not the case, as the POS terminal can only perform a single transaction at a time, an amount must be entered before the transaction can be authorized and the card needs to be in very close proximity to the terminal (maximum 4 centimeters).
Will I still get SMS Alerts like regular card purchases?
Yes, every time you will perform a contactless transaction you will get informed immediately via SMS Alerts. This way, you know all the time the transactions that were performed using your cards.
Was this information helpful?